Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Appliances Installed

We were lucky enough to sign our MJH contract when there were a few offers on - one of them was the free upgrade to Smeg appliances. Had our rangehood, oven, stovetop and dishwasher installed today. We also got a microwave however will be selling this off as we purchased a convection microwave from Good Guys.

I haven't been in love with our splashback but the colours seem to blend much nicer now that appliances are in.

The appliances look lovely as well, particularly the wide oven. The dishwasher is a bit plasticky though - I had expected it to be all stainless steel.

Despite covering the floor I noticed some light scratches in our bamboo this afternoon following appliance installation :( Disappointing but unavoidable I guess. It's not very noticeable but annoying as we've had our floor for two whole days.

I also spent this morning painting the skirting around the fridge recess only as Good Guys will be installing this tomorrow. It was about 5 pieces of timber that I needed to paint and it took me hours, and now I'm covered in paint. I now have much more respect for our painter - getting paint even is HARD!





My achievement for the day. I think I spent a solid hour just marking out the skirting with masking tape, and the paint STILL leaked through. I then had to tidy it all up with turps, ughhh. Not looking forward to doing the rest of the house! 
My painting was really crummy as well - patches everywhere


3 comments:

  1. Ooh that oven looks wonderful, so shiny! We have the same range hood, microwave and dishwasher - not too shabby for a free upgrade huh! I was a bit disappointed with the dishwasher too, but Tom (aka Mr Energy Efficient) was pleased with the energy and water ratings.

    Your skirting boards look great but painting must suck! We are doing feature walls, so I'll no doubt be whinging about that on my blog soon.

    Out of curiosity - when you had handover did MDJ arrange your occupancy certificate and final council inspection or did you do that yourself? This has just occurred to me now handover is approaching haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i cant believe they managed to break your oven glass, how did that even happen? yes dishwasher looks a bit cheap which is surprising given how sturdy everything else feels. but yes, good energy ratings - i suspect my other half will also appreciate this hahaha

      ooh what are you doing for feature walls?

      so MDJ did all the occupancy certificate and council stuff so dont worry about it. MDJ sent us an email with the outstanding matters to be settled prior to us getting the final occupancy certificate (things like retaining walls, driveway etc) and we got our interim occupancy certificate emailed to us on Monday. apparently you can get away with having an interim occupancy cert. for ages, unless you want to sell the house haha

      cannot wait to see pics of your stacked stone

      Delete
    2. Oh wait until your hear the explanation for the oven... It "spontaneously blew up". Either SMEG have a serious risk issue on their hands or somebody exaggerated hahaha!

      We are planning to do feature walls in the living area, kitchen picture recess and back of the front entry in ochre yellow. I'm not crazy or colour blind I swear! It's sort of a deep, earthy yellow that matches our splashback. I do confess copying it from a display home, so we know it will look ok :)

      Oh that's such a relief about the council stuff, I was worried about more organizing! I've been emailing our bank manager photos of the house so I'll be visiting him tomorrow to give a heads up on the inspection needed before the final cheque. He has been such a legend!

      How's your decor planning going? Will we be seeing 'the block' style room reveals hehe?

      Delete