Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Lock Up

And just like that, we were locked out of our house.

And by locked out, I mean today was the first time I had to climb through the bathroom window (in a pencil skirt) to get into our build.

For those who are wondering - our doors have been key locked so we can't just undo the latch. I may have strategically opened some windows for future access ;-)

Front door is on and looking good, although I wish we could have had the 1200m size (doesn't fit in the Avoca). I think our frame may need to get replaced though as it has been left out in the rain and is pretty warped. As you can see in the photo below there are some significant gaps either side of the frame but not sure whether this will be covered by a trim?

Internal doors and architraves have been delivered and must be getting installed this week.

Anxiously awaiting a kitchen cupboard delivery!















2 comments:

  1. My gosh, the pencil skirt climbing is a bit hilarious haha! The only person sized windows we can leave open are in the bathroom - I have a vision of me falling head first into the bath space! The front door looks fabulous, I don't think it's too narrow :) I hope they don't re-lock the windows on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I can't believe you had to climb up your building in a pencil skirt. It's very admirable that you took the matter into your own hands, though you have to admit that it's a little funny. Hahaha! Hopefully, that is the last time you get locked out of the building. Anyway, I've been reading the updates of the renovation lately. I hope progress has been well. All the best! :)

    Joyce Roberson @ LockedOut London

    ReplyDelete