Saturday, February 15, 2014

Cornices & Flooring Choices

Not much progress this week however I suppose this is to be expected now that work has moved inside. Everyone keeps mentioning that this is where things slow down and I'm not really sure what is next on the agenda for our build.

Cornices were completed this week and are looking very nice. We went for the standard cornice as we dont like anything too fussy.



Dropped into Harvey Norman last week who will be doing our flooring after handover. We will be getting bamboo through the main living areas and then carpet through the bedrooms/hallway/home theatre



Now I'm just sitting and waiting for more works to commence and hopefully we'll have an idea of handover shortly. We were initially told mid May but I'm hoping we'll be in by April

4 comments:

  1. Ooh it's looking good! I can feel the slowness creeping in too, but somehow I seem to be flat out meeting trades for quotes in concreting, shutters etc. I think we are now exactly a week behind you :) Our SS said it would be plaster, then water proofing for tiles and kitchen installation, so maybe some of those things will be happening for you this week? I know garage door installation is due in there somewhere too.

    I love the flooring choices, the red strand bamboo in particular. Reddish timber, grey and white go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks Mel. what are you guys doing for flooring?

      yep you're def a week behind and your SS was bang on - waterproofing happened yesterday and internal fit out starts today, eek!

      can you believe we'll be in our new homes in a couple of months?

      Delete
  2. Look at you going full steam ahead....congrats. Wow I've missed out on so much but am glad to be almost fully online yay!
    The house is looking great you must be so thrilled to be where you are. I have no doubt that you'll be in by April as once the gyprock starts, it's pretty fast to completion. Good luck with the rest of the journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle I have missed you! how is your glorious new home going? I saw you have updated your blog - it looks so good

      yeah things are progressing pretty quickly over here, it's kind of surreal watching your plans take shape and seeing how it looks in real life as opposed to how you imagined it to be hehe glad to hear it's not long to handover

      Delete