Thursday, February 6, 2014

Internal Work Begins

What a productive week!



On Monday our gyprock & cornices were delivered and insulation started



So much gyprock






Insulation





Gyprock has been put up through the whole house and is looking good so far. I understand now when people say that gyprock turns the house into a maze - I have been so used to seeing from one side of the house to another through the walls.



I have been very nervous about gyprock making the house seem smaller but it has been the opposite - the ceiling now seems exceptionally tall and the rooms sizes are what i envisioned or bigger.



Again, I echo my earlier statements about being glad we never opted for a polished concrete floor. The floor is MESSY and there are already chips out of the slab from where tools have been dropped.



Gyprock everywhere





Garage




Entry



Kitchen - fridge space and WIP (with 'heatproof' red gyprock)







Great room - TV recess






Home theatre - 'soundproof' yellow gyprock
 



Hallway to main bedrooms - we have raised the ceiling height but kept door height standard (still wonder if we should have changed this)





 Great room looking towards hallway to main bedrooms






A door for ants i.e. the door for our toilet (ensuite) prior to the top sheet of gyprock being trimmed







6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, it's really looking like a house now! They have certainly done a lot in a week! Any ideas when you will be in yet? I tried asking our SS today but he wouldn't give me much lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks mel, they've had a really productive week (which then meant I was significantly less frazzled haha) but apparently still 2 days of work left for the guys. I wonder if that is 2 days for cornices and plastering? then sometime after that the SS reviews the plaster and the painter gets involved as well, and then I assume we'll be at lock out (god I hope I can break into my own house). your build is right behind us, timewise! no idea about handover though :( are you getting flooring done through MJH? we are doing it separately so I think we may get keys a tad earlier. MJH originally said 15th may for completion but I feel like april will be our month - maybe the same for you? I will suss it out hehe

      Delete
    2. I would guess that two days sounds about right for cornices and plaster... It's good having you in front, I know exactly what to expect next :D A little bird suggested to me that if you leave a window unlocked it helps with the whole lock out situation. Our SS said that we will technically be at lock up soon but he isn't putting the doors on until later because he finds they get damaged by the trades. Hopefully that means more viewing time for us! MJH are doing our vinyl floor boards but we will do carpet after handover. Our contact says July 20ish for completion, our SS said it would definitely be before then (thank god). I also have a good feeling about April ;)

      Delete
  2. Just found ur blogg,,,things r certainly happening quickly,,love ur facade,,,i bet seeing the walls up,makes u start thinking the end is in sight :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ann for such kind words :D the walls are making it very house-like and it is refreshing to see it come together so quickly! I just had a look at your blog and spy some fantastic dark bricks also - that's going to look like a million bucks with your render colour. looks like you will have walls in a few weeks time too :)

      Delete
  3. Nice updates, seems faster than mine. Good to see house grown up faster and structures came to end. Bricks looks lovely once cleaned.

    ReplyDelete